Fingerprint Snowman Family Keepsake Ornament

I want to start a Christmas tradition of always making a keepsake ornament for our Christmas tree every year. This year I made a Snowman Family Ornament using our fingerprints. I started with a clear ball ornament but of course any ornament would do. One snowman is made with my my husband's thumbprints/fingerprints, one with mine, and one with my son's.

I mixed blue enamel paint with the Crayola Pearl It! mixing medium (which I am in love with, by the way). I placed the paint inside and shook it until there were no clear spots left.


I also put white fingerprints on the bottom for snow and then decorated each snowman. I used enamel paint because it doesn't scratch as easily and for even more protection you could also spray with a clear sealant. I debated on putting our last name with the word family (ex: The Smith Family), but ended up just painting the year.


See also:

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's really cute!

Adriana said...

I LOVE that ornament! I am putting that on the list for next year! I am not sure if I have visited this website before but it is GREAT! I love anything with my kiddos hand/foot prints. I am going to browse. :)

Sherry said...

SO CUTE!

Paige said...

This awesome snowman craft is being featured at Homemade Christmas Cards with Snowman Families. I love it!

The Little Helper said...

I love this idea! This is our ornament of the year we will be doing this weekend.

I will be sharing it on Letters from Santa's FB page!

http://www.facebook.com/EasyFreeSantaLetters

Shannie said...

Thanks for posting! My son made these at school and before we could put it up his BROKE! =( Im so sad (and so was he). So, next week we are having craft day and making these for us and as family gifts! =) Now to hope I find the ornaments this close to Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts