We made a Hand & Fingerprint Fall Tree as a fun, learning activity! Here's how:
1. Trace around child's hand and arm. This will be the tree trunk.
2. Have child color or paint the tree trunk.
3. Have the child make fingerprint leaves. I had my son pick a number for each color and then make that amount. For example: He picked the number 17 for the color red, so he made 17 red leaves.
4. Cut little strips of green paper to make grass. My son is still learning how to cut with a scissors, so I cut a long strip of green construction paper to make it easier for him to do by himself. He is not able to make long cuts without getting really frustrated.
5. Have the child place glue on the bottom of the page- he used a glue stick.
6. Next, have him/her place the little strips of green paper where they glued.
7. Cut off any parts that hang over the edge. I do this by turning the paper over- it is easier to see the overhanging pieces this way.
See all of our Tree Crafts!
Linking up to these link parties.