Halloween Handprint & Footprint Ghosts


Last week, we had a mommy and me movie day where we watched the movie Casper and did  ghosts crafts & snacks.  As one of the crafts, we made our yearly Footprint Ghost Pictures. This year I decided to make it with a spooky scene. My little guy loves it! I traced his hand and arm, then painted it to look like a leafless tree. I traced a circle shape for the moon using a small glass. His footprints were made on green construction paper which I then cut out and glued in place. The mouth is a black thumbprint and the eyes are black fingerprints.

almost 4 yrs old
He made the Handprint ghost picture all by himself. He painted his left hand white and pressed it where he wanted on the paper. He is one of those kids that always has to everything lined up all perfectly so all his ghosts are in a straight line! He made his own facial features and then wrote "BOO!" at the bottom.

9 months old
This will be Baby Girl's 1st Halloween and was so excited to get her in on the tradition. I made 2 Footprint Ghosts and 1 Handprint Ghost on orange construction paper, cut them out, & then glued them in place on black construction paper. The little bows are made with 1 fingerprint and 2 thumbprints. I printed the words "Baby's 1st Halloween," cut the words out and made a frame for them by gluing them to the green/yellow construction paper. It's so fun to compare it to her Big Brother's 1st Halloween Footprint Ghosts!


We also made a brother/sister one to give to Grandma when she comes to visit later this month.

For more Ghostly Fun, check out our entire ghost-themed day!
I link up to these link parties!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

adorable as always! we made handprint ghosts using puffy paint - so FUN!

stop by & share on the sunday showcase - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

Bern

artsy_momma said...

Thank you! Puffy Paint Ghosts sound neat!

angee said...

Love the Baby's First Halloween idea, as I have a little one also celebrating his first! We made ghosts earlier this month with his feet, but I love your "display" idea! Thanx!

Holli said...

These are great! I'll have to try some with my little guys this Halloween. I'd love for you to share this post over at our fall-themed link up!

http://www.fullhands-fullhearts.com/2012/08/2012-fall-bucket-list-idea-share_30.html

Thanks so much! Happy to be a new follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts