This Handprint Spider & Paper plate Watercolor Resist Web makes a spooky yet cute Halloween decoration.
To make the Handprint Spider:
- My little guy wanted a purple spider this year. Paint one hand minus the thumb and press down onto paper.
- Paint the other hand the same way.
- Press down overlapping the palm area of the print you already made.
- Place googly eyes, draw on eyes, or make thumbprint eyes. We used foam stickers for our eyes.
- Draw on a mouth or use a pipe cleaner shaped into a smile like we did and glue in place.
- Cut around your spider.
To make the Paper Plate Spider Web:
- Draw a web onto the plate using a white crayon or colored pencil.
- Using black watercolor or black paint diluted with water, have the child paint over the entire paper plate.
- When it dries, glue your spider onto the web.
I link up to these link parties!