Handprint Groundhog with puffy paint snow

Handprint Groundhog Craft
4 yrs old

This was a fun mommy & me craft that my son & I created together. Here is how we made it:

  1. He painted his hand brown and I showed him with my hand to press it down with the fingers in a closed position and the thumb in an open position.
  2. I drew the outline of a groundhog as well as the facial features.
  3. Around the bottom of the groundhog I drew an oval to resemble the hole he was peeking out from.
  4. My son painted snow around the hole with homemade puffy paint- mix equal parts of shaving cream & white school glue.

See also:


Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Classified Mom said...

That is adorable- love it!

artsy_momma said...

Thanks Aimee!

sweet and lovely crafts said...

That's so cute. We made a fotprint groundhog (not posted)- but I like yours better!

Crafting Play said...

This made me smile this morning. Real cute. Hope your groundhog didn't see his shadow!

artsy_momma said...

Thanks ladies!
@Sweet & Lovely Crafts- Your handprint crafts are always gorgeous, can't wait to see it!

Marie said...

This is so cute -- I need to save this so I can do it next year for Groundhogs day with my kids. We always celebrate Groundhogs day too -- this year we didn't do a craft but Magic the Magnificent (Guinea Pig) made her prediction :-)

Thanks for the fun idea!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Too cute, as always =-) How do you come up with all your great ideas? Thanks for linking up to TGIF & have a GREAT week,
Beth =-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts