Isn't this the cutest fly you have ever seen? This handprint craft was created by the Free Kids Craft team and Betty was kind enough to let me republish it here.
Laminating sheets or clear contact paper
Black pipe cleaner
Child safe scissors
Printable of the fly's body found below or make one from construction paper
How to make the Handprint Fly Craft:
- Peel the backing off the laminating sheet or contact paper and place it sticky side up.
- Squiggle the yarn around to create the lines in the fly's wings.
- Peel the backing off another piece of a laminating sheet or contact paper. Lay it sticky side down over the first sheet, sandwiching the string in between the 2 pieces.
- Fold the entire sheet in half.
- Trace around the child's hand.
- Cut out, making sure to cut through both layers so you end up with 2 hands. These will be the wings.
- Print fly's body found below or create one from construction paper.
- Glue the handprints on in the place the wings would be.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into 4 pieces.
- Glue them to the back of the fly's body. These will be the legs.
- Bend the ends of the pipe cleaner legs..